Saturday, March 6, 2010

One of the "jobs" of a mom is to come up with new, cheap, & exciting things to do when your lucking enough to be around your children. Your off work, sort of relaxed, and ready to do something, right? Most of the time. But sometimes, good grief, your so tired from the work week and daily tasks that its hard to find any ounce of energy left to give. Would I really like to take a nap? Yes. Would I really(deep down) want to have a massage? Yes. Would I change it for the world that I can't? No.
It's hard to find things that both my kids want to do. Well, one is four and one is ten, you do the math. One wants to go go go, while the other is perfectlty content on watching cartoons for twenty four hours if I let him. One could eat mac and cheese every day all day,while the other wants chicken tenders 24-7. So,finding something that both of them "want" to do, is damn near impossible. What happend to the days when you could say "go outside and play" without fearing someone would kidnap your kids. Good grief, I can remember leaving on my bike for hours. Not anymore. So we put our kids in dance, soccer, baseball, drama, etc. etc. Hopeing their getting enough "play" time.
The last time we signed my son up for soccer, he took one look at the field then back at his ball and said "I'm not putting my ball down, the grass is wet." Well, ok then.
That was that. So instead we focussed on reading and learing letters. We'll try organized sports next year. HaHa

No comments:

Post a Comment