Sunday, January 2, 2011

A New Year Bring on 2011


We have just finished up 2010 and it has me thinking of what I want out of 2011. Besides having a healthy baby boy we're adding to our family, I also want to be at least credit card debt free this year. Therefore, we have completely redone our budget, started our Dave Ramsey envelope system http://www.daveramsey.com/home/, and cut back on ALOT of unnecessary buying. Can you believe that in the last two months I have been able to feed my family of four (remember, I am also pregnant...lol) on $60.00 a week? I think we've actually eaten better than we EVER have. I think the main reason is I have HAD to cook. Lets see, tonight we ate slow cook chili, yesterday we ate "dump" chicken (honey, soy sauce, & butter) with veggies, and sweet potatoes, and we had turkey breast and stuffing for a few days last week. Reading the posts of moms who are on a budget and have the same goals have really helped my outlook. I have even recently started making my own yeast breast to have with our dinner. Yes, it takes just a bit longer than buying some yeast rolls, but honestly, it kind of tastes better because I made it myself. I also made homemade liquid laundry detergent (five gallons worth) for around $1.50! The detergent has worked great and even has a really clean smell. I am so determined to have our family debt free, I will try just about ANYTHING!

So, just to prove my grocery shopping, here is what I got today (with my kids in tow) at Bilo and Aldi

No comments:

Post a Comment