Sunday, February 21, 2010

It has been awhile since the last blog, but for good reason. Moms are busy. Is that a good enough reason? Yes it is. I have had more sickness in this household than I would ever care to admit.
Ryder(my four year old) started us out with a wonderful temp of 103,so off the urgent care we go. Diagnosis: Strep Throat. Two weeks later, my daughter Kailyn gets it. Then the worst patient of all a week later, myself, gets it, and I truely believed I was dying. I remember at one point looking over at my husband and saying "kill me now."
What is it about when moms get sick? I swear, my kids are so much more resilent. I get a fever and I become a total waste. I can't even function. So now, a couple of weeks later, and my son looks at me tonight and says "I'm hot and then cold." And so I think, Oh god, what now. He now has a 101.0, my husband is working third tonight, and I have to think of what to do tomorrow. Do I call in and risk the possibility of losing a job that I love, make my sleep deprived husband watch and care for our sick child, or pray tonight hoping that the temp is just a fluke?
Only time will tell.
Life of a mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment