Monday, January 10, 2011

Made two huge mistakes with our grocery shopping yesterday. One was I went without a well thought out plan, and two was that I decided to do two weeks worth of shopping. I thought I was doing so well, until I realized I had to "pull" from another envelope. Remember, we use Dave Ramsey's theory on the envelope system. I felt sick to my stomach knowing that another part of my budget would suffer for a couple weeks.
But, I'm trying to look at the "bright" side of things and that would be that I learned a lesson. No matter how well you think you've got this "grocery thing" down, you don't. Well thought out plans as well as meal planning are the only way our family will save money and stay within budget.
What does your family do to stay in budget?
Do you have a budget?
Did your parents have a budget and talk to you about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment